Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grill Frills

Joe got a charcoal grill a few weeks ago and I think it's safe to say this is where the majority of our food is coming from!  Here is what I ate tonight (that's your broccoli Dad!)

After spending about an hour reading the grilling issue of Every Day with Rachel Ray I decided to throw together my own vegetable marinade.  Here's the recipe- if you can call it that- Jackson hodge-podge might be a little more accurate...
Broccoli
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Mushrooms
Onion
Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Kalameta Olives
Now for the marinade:
Splash of Kalameta Olive juice
A few splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of ground mustard
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
2 teaspoons of sesame seeds

I mixed everything together in a gallon freezer bag and threw it in the fridge for about 45 minutes.  Joe cooked it in a grill wok for about 15 minutes.  The result kind of reminded me of the something you would have at a HuHot or Mongos.  Super flavorful and tasty!

If you're not into a completely vegetarian meal... here is something else you can try.  Joe made these a few nights ago with all the vegetables I mentioned above + pineapple...


He added small pieces of round steak marinaded overnight with this...

My favorite part was the pineapple chunks- super juicy and fresh! 

It's so nice cooking supper together every night in the summer!  It makes me realize just how many late nights I worked this past academic year.  This coming year should have definite improvements in that arena.  Only two more weeks until I start my new job in Student Affairs- woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment