Sunday, February 5, 2012

Regal in RoMo

Hello February!  Time flies when you're working like a hard-working person.  After 4 weeks of doing the full-time work, full time school thing, Joe and I were ready to get out of dodge.  So, yesterday, we hit up the St Louis Art Museum.


 I was pretty impressed with the collection; they have over 30,000 pieces from all over the world including some the most famous, Monet, Van Gogh and my personal fave, Winslow Homer.  After a few hours of strolling through the gallery we went out for a late lunch at a Tuscan Grill and then saw a movie.  I have to recommend The Descendants.  It has been nominated for several Oscars, so don't just take my word for it.  This film had the capacity to be a total sap-fest... but, instead it turned out to be funny and intriguing in an awkward sort of way.  Definitely the antithesis of sap- take your husband! 
 On the way home, we stopped at Trader Joe's and I got a Pomegranate and some blood oranges.  I had never tried either.  The pomegranate was great- if you need help figuring out how to eat one, look here:  http://iowagirleats.com/2012/01/25/how-to-eat-a-pomegranate/ 
As for the blood oranges, I am sad to share that in the event of a blind taste test,  I am quite confident I could not distinguish the difference between a blood orange and a navel orange... oh well!  They are pretty. 

I meant to share these next shots a while ago.  Here is my dear nephew, enjoying his very first solid food!  Rice cereal.  What a cutie- he did great.  It is funny to watch someone try food for the first time.  If you look close, you can definitely see and expression of "oh my, what is this?!" 



On a final note, I must expose you to this video.  I swear I was born in the wrong decade...  David Bowie- you're so fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment